Canvas is Iredell-Statesville Schools' learning management system (LMS) that brings K-12 classroom tools together.
The following resources will help you leverage Canvas for student learning:
- Canvas Coaches by Schools (I-SS currently has 23 coaches through the district. These individuals are Canvas Champions, Ambassadors, and Ninjas. If you have a coach in your building, talk to them, pick their brain, ask them questions of how they leverage Canvas for student learning.). Interested in being a Canvas Coach, please contact Don Lourcey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Canvas Coaching Cycle (Sign-Me-Up Form)
- Canvas Guides
- Canvas Support Options
Beginning, Middle, and End Processes
- Beginning- and End-of-Course Checklist
- Course Set-up Roadmap
- Canvas and PowerTeacher Pro (Steps to Syncing Gradebook and Importing Assignment Categories)
- Course Design Look-Fors
- Top Ten Canvas Tips to Leverage Student Learning
- Designing Course Content with Canvas Tools
- Personalize Learning with Mastery Paths
- Canvas Best in Class (Samples & Examples) (Explore a variety of K-12 Canvas use cases)
- Canvas and SAMR
- Canvas and the Digital Learning Competencies
- Master Canvas Teacher Learning Pathway: You can take all four courses to become a Master Canvas Teacher or your can take each course ala carte style. The learning pathway includes four courses:
- Ready! Set!! Go!!! Mastering Skills to Leverage Canvas
- Designing Courses with a Purpose
- Canvas Choice Board
- Canvas Palooza Micro-Credentials Stack
To register for any of the above courses go to our iQuest Online Professional Learning page, and follow the five step enrollment process for Full Courses and/or Microcredentials
- Canvas of Things (Updates, New Releases, Tips, & Strategies)
- Canvas Video Hub
Canvas Parent Observer
Encourage the parents/caregivers of all your students to be Parent Observers.
This FAQ will get them started and answer all questions they may have about being a parent observer.
Guide Parents to the Parent Portal located under Students/Parents on the issnc.org home page. This page will provide parents with a wealth of resources to connect as a Parent Observer.