How to become a Substitute Teacher with Iredell-Statesville Schools:
At this time, Iredell-Statesville Schools is accepting Certified Teachers as applicants for Substitute Teachers. NOTE: Non certified substitute candidates will be considered when a site administrator recommends the candidate to the Executive Director of Human Resources in writing.
- Substitute training is held on a monthly basis at Central Support Services for those who hold certification or have secured a recommendation.
- To be considered for the training, complete the Online Application
- If approved, you will be contacted by Human Resources and scheduled for training.
- Iredell-Statesville Schools requires a background check of all employees. There is a $25.00 processing fee associated with this. This fee must be paid at time of appointment; paperwork will not be processed until received.
- A completed health certificate form including a tuberculosis test signed by a licensed medical doctor must be on file in Human Resources.
- You will have 30 days from the first day that you sub to get this form completed and returned to Human Resources: Attn: Traci Johnson.
Criminal Background Check:
All substitutes are subject to approval pending the outcome of their criminal background check.
It is important that you notify Traci Johnson regarding such personal information as to any change of availability, status, name, address, or phone number.
Substitute Teacher First Day Form
Absence Management Login