Information for Parents
Who is eligible to attend?
Prime Time for Kids is available to students in Kindergarten through 5th grade. Summer camp is available for any rising 1st grader through 5th grader. Camp is open to all children in Iredell and surrounding counties.
Hours of Operation
Regular School Days
|School dismissal until 6:00 p.m.|
Early Release Days
|11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.|
|6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. (at select sites)|
Morning care available at Cloverleaf and Troutman sites, please call 704.832.2514 for more information on morning care.
A written Daily/Weekly schedule for each group of student’s routines and blocks of time assigned for activities will be posted and followed. Those activities will include:
- A balance between self-directed and adult-guided activities.
- Weather permitting, opportunities for outdoor play.
- Arts, crafts, centers, gym time, science activities, tennis.
- Some sites offer 4-H clubs.
Each child will be given approximately 45 minutes each afternoon for "academic work." Our philosophy is to establish a routine regarding homework time. If a child doesn’t have homework, then Prime Time assistants will encourage quiet activities such as reading, puzzles, coloring, etc
- Parents are required to meet with the Prime Time Site Coordinator prior to their child attending.
- Prime Time for Kids is offered on the school campus.
- Payment of the registration fee and tuition is required prior to the child attending.